Monday, March 30, 2009

Can I Just Say...?


My alarm was set for the wrong time this morning, so I woke up at 7:00...to get the kids out the door by 7:30?!?!?! And the day just progressed along that same line, right up to just having dinner ready in time to leave for prayer meeting, not in time to actually eat any of it.

Some days are like that...even in Australia. As we each arrived, it seemed that every sister at prayer meeting had that same kind of day. Not necessarily a bad day, just little frustrations that compounded throughout the day. Some of us seemed on the verge of tears [Not me...never. :P]

As the evening progressed, I noticed that our spirits became lighter. I felt my own tension begin to unwind as we shared from the Bible, talked about last night's message (very encouraging, Bro. David!), and spent time learning from each other (resolved: bodily functions can slow the learning process in classrooms, at every age level).

Tammy's cat even got more relaxed--instead of gnawing on the shoe that I (honest) accidentally kicked at him, he sprawled full-length on the floor, front paws tucked up under his chin, stomach-side-up, back paws stretched to the sides. If I liked cats, I might have gone over and given him a nice pat on the head. But he is bigger than I am, and he scratches harder than I do--I've seen her kids after "playing" with the kitty.

Anyway, I left there with a lighter spirit and more peaceful countenance. Looking around, we all seemed a little lighter and happier.

Perhaps the most poignant reflection of this was Dory who sneaked downstairs toward the end. At school, today, she had a complete meltdown-- she was just weeping inconsolably for no obvious reason. She fell asleep tonight, on her Mommy's lap, lulled by prayers, surrounded by sisters, and with a pretty sunshine sticker stuck to the middle of her forehead.

No comments:

Post a Comment