Friday, March 27, 2009

Ain't Technology Grand?

An ancient desert traveler...you know how this goes, right?...put some milk into some fresh "bags" (sheep stomachs) and set out with his camel across the sandy sea...as the camel gently swayed and the midday sun warmed, a magical transformation occurred...the milk became... ALAKAZAM!... Cheese! My only problem is that I am not really so good with NEW things...so I would have DIED before eating that and they would have found my bones, next to a hard rock of mold (the camel would have waltzed off and left me there).

Anyway, I do enjoy exploiting new things for my own use (once I know they won't kill me :) ). I think most of us can agree that having regular updates through CaringBridge really help us to "pray without ceasing" for both Bro. Rick and Isabelle. It helps us to recognize an instant need and helps us to stay in touch with the families. Even when you can't make the trip to visit, you have the connection...even the kids in school feel that Isabelle is "our baby." Because of the wonder of technology, we are able to quickly learn new information and send encouragement.

Recently, I have been studying Lamentations (in my new NLT Study Bible--highly recommend it!) WOW! I am overwhelmed by God! It was also cool to see that Keith and Julia posted a few verses from that book...when all seems lost (Israel had, yet again, been overtaken), we can take refuge in the Lord.

  • Lamentations 3:21 - 25 “Yet I still dare to hope when I remember this: The unfailing love of the LORD never ends! By his mercies we have been kept from complete destruction. Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each day. I say to myself, "The LORD is my inheritance; therefore, I will hope in him!" The LORD is wonderfully good to those who wait for him and seek him.”

So, I'm thinking, let's take a little more advantage of technology...do you have a general or even a specific prayer request? Please post it as a comment or email me burntsienna7@gmail.com and I will add it to the list of things we pray for at each Monday night prayer meeting. And then we can each add it to our own daily prayer lists.

When you post a comment, I think you can just choose blogspot or blogger or anonymous from the dropdown menu...and then just post it. It goes to my inbox and then I send it to the blog. Tammy, what did you select? I'm really not totally sure how it works...I just believe...See, this whole technology thing is wonderful...

1 comment:

  1. Okay, I'm not sure what I did before... I tend to forget these things easily. I think if you just type and "comment as:" anonymous you can just post and it will work.
    By the way, I would have eaten the cheese and walked on, sure that I would die at any moment from eating something rotten. :)

    ReplyDelete